UT Tyler Recreational Sports
Enriching Campus Life Through Fitness, Wellness and Recreational Activities
The University of Texas at Tyler Department of Recreational Sports enhances student life and campus wellness through a variety of activities and programs for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Explore UT Tyler recreational sports programs and choose to get involved. Fitness, wellness and recreational activities are offered in these 6 pillars:
- The fitness program features Tyler’s best fitness facilities, equipment, classes and personal training, providing great opportunities to improve your physical well-being.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.leagues and special events are scheduled each semester.
- The UT Tyler Outdoor Adventures program provides recreational opportunities outside the realm of traditional competitive sports. The traditional outdoor events of hiking, paddling, rock climbing and cycling are included, along with non-traditional events like paintball, skydiving and zip lining.
- The club sports program features instructional, recreational and competitive sports activities. Events include practice sessions and competitions against similar groups from other colleges and universities.
- Wellness education: The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. While physical activity is one component of wellness other dimensions of wellness include: emotional, occupational, social, financial, intellectual, and spiritual areas. So take a hike, create a new hobby, explore opportunities at a job fair, or attend a HPC meditation class. Think about how you as a person contribute to the environment and community. How do you build better living spaces and social networks? How is your life enriched through work and its interconnectedness to living and playing? Come check out our Wellness Wednesday booth offered throughout the semester for insight on wellness topics!
- The UT Tyler Aquatics program features exceptional facilities and offers swim lessons and fitness classes that meets all your therapy, fitness and community needs, presenting great opportunities to improve your overall health.
For more information please contact the HPC office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 903.566.7466.